Saturday, January 18, 2014

Vintage Carnival Party~ Kati turns 11


Gorgeous photography by my friend, Nicole of Expressions by Nicole Marie!!
Styling and sweets by me Frog prince cake and cookie design (unless otherwise noted). xo

I'm excited to share my daughter, Kati's 11th Birthday party with you!!  Kati wanted a carnival party, and once she picked out the colors she wanted (yes, I'm turning her into a little party planner) I thought they'd work great with a vintage theme!
I contacted some of my very talented friends and put together, Kati's Vintage Carnival (and confetti, lots of confetti) Party...Enjoy!!!
These sweet invitations are by Valerie of Greyson Design.  She is so patient and really brought my vision to life. The custom confetti was supplied by The Confetti Bar who makes some of the coolest confetti you can imagine, she matched my color request perfectly.
 

Pinwheel Banner is by Peckled, after the party I decorated my house with them, yes I did!!
 

"Happy Birthday" mini bunting was made by Greyson Design and Peckled supplied the hand-dyed coffee filters that I used to create the ruffles behind my chalkboard...truth be told, this chalkboard was once a mirror on an old dresser.  I paint anything that isn't glued down with chalkboard paint, sometimes it looks good, sometimes not so much but in this case I was SO happy with the result!

 
I am slightly obsessed with making marquees.  They are SO time consuming but so easy, and definitely worth the time put into making them!  To make this "Happy Birthday" Marquee, I printed out a template and tutorial found on Oh Happy Day!  I love that blog and it's apparent that she is WAY craftier than me because it only took her a few hours to finish her marquee, it took me SEVEN hours start to finish!! (don't judge me!!)  ;)
 
The beautiful tassels were made by One Stylish Party, I (actually my sister, Carrie..."Thanks, Carrie") sewed them to the table cloth to hang them.
 
 
These are chocolate covered Oreos by Bella's Bakery and Bowtique...it's the first time I've ever shared one of my sweet tables with another sweets vendor...but not the last!!
 
 
I'm sure the kids would've loved it if I set up an actual "throw the ball into the fishbowl and win a fish" game, but I had a feeling their parents wouldn't be loving me OR their new family pet so I came up with a fun alternative.  I found these teeny tiny fish bowls at the Dollar General {SCORE!!} They are the perfect size for an individual serving of Jello.  I found some blue Jello, popped in a swedish fish, put a ping pong ball on top, everyone was happy!!
 

No, I didn't put chalkboard paint on the cookies...they're edible, I promise!!


There was confetti everywhere and we were loving it!!  I decided to add some edible confetti to these chocolate-dipped marshmallows~ YUM!!  These cool, vintage looking wooden dowels are from The TomKat Studio, kindly provided by Paper and Pop!!


I am always up for a challenge when it comes to designing a cake.  This one was inspired by the hatband created just for Kati by Skylar Raine. (check out the hatband at the bottom of the post).
I made the doiley to mimic the bunting I had hanging outside on the tent.
Mini bunting by Greyson Design.


Pinwheel cookie pops...made by me :)

 
These cotton candy cones were a huge hit with the kids (and some of the parents who stopped in as well!!) If you're going to make these PLEASE listen...make this the very last thing you do before your guests come, or before your photographer snaps a pic. of them because they melt...not just if you get them wet, the slightest bit of moisture in the air causes them to wither and harden into an unsightly, pastel rock!!  {you are welcome!} xo
 
 
My label tents were made by using strips of gold and red with white stripes scrap book paper, chalkboard stickers, lollipop sticks, washi tape and little red puffs~ super easy project that I'll share at a later date (make sure you're following me on Instagram at frprince!!)
 

Ice cream scoops with rainbow jimmies (I'm from Philly, we call them jimmies).  I always use these cute, wooden spoons for parties.  It's fun to stamp words, names, really anything on.  These are from The TomKat Studio, provided by Paper and Pop.


 Confetti balloons~ yes please, my favorite!!!
These balloons are from Oriental Trading.


The girls had a beautiful day to clown around outside.  They played charades, attempted to juggle and made balloon (I'd like to say animals but will go with balloon "shapes"). 



I covered my coffee table with craft paper from the dollar store to protect it from the jugglers' shenanagins (not really, this was a great group of girls!!) and added the prettiest, custom ribbon garland by a to Zebra celebrations. The colorful ribbon really dressed it up!


I was super excited when I found these confetti filled balls.  After the party the girls took their bouncy balls home to continue practicing their new juggling skills.


The highlight of the day was the photobooth by Race Street Photobooth, an amazing local company.  And yes I got in the booth too, they are so much fun!! I love this photo of Kati and her friends, Julia and Lidia!! <3 p="">

 Greyson Design made these custom, confetti water bottle labels and...

 
this sweet sign that hung over the candy cart!!  A birthday comes but once a year, I figure the more sweets the better...


How jealous are you of these vintage bowling pins?!!  Yeah me too, they're not mine...they actually belong to Denise of The Painted Home.  She's a very cool, local blogger who sells some of her unique finds and creations in a local shop in town.


You can find these red paper tissue balls and popcorn containers at Oriental trading.



Here's the Birthday girl in her beautiful tutu handmade by Atutudes. She loved this tutu so much that she planned her Halloween costume around it...(she and her friend were Thing 1 and Thing 2).

No, THIS cotton candy isn't real.  I made it as an un-meltable prop using batting and pink spray paint (see, I am crafty!!)



THANK YOU for stopping by!!!  Here's one of the party favors, cute roll-on perfume by Moodylicious children's spa

Birthdays ROCK!!!
 



*Oriental Trading provided products for this event.  All opinions are my own.

 





1 comment:

  1. So adorable!! I love the photo of Kati with the confetti, such a beautiful shot! So many cute ideas, I love the pinwheel cookies you made, and all of the details...esp. love her tutu too!! :)

    ReplyDelete