Saturday, September 17, 2011

Reagan's 1st Birthday Luau~




                                                                                           ALOHA!!

Happy 1st Birthday to my God-daughter, Reagan Grace!


The day was a comfortable 90-ish degrees.  OKAY, I was shvitzing a little... but it was actually perfect weather for a birthday luau!  The kids wore their bathing suits and played on the water slide while the adults ate delicious barbecue pizza,  marinated shrimp and pineapple kabobs, and fruit skewers with toasted coconut marshmallows on the end~yum!!  and then there was dessert...


The orchid's on the front of the table are barrettes I made from craft store flowers.  Each little girl left with one!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you look carefully below, you'll see flower garland I made using a tutorial I found on the Crafting Chicks.  { In the tutorial the chicks make leis.}


I thought about renting a small tiki bar but then I had a better idea...I'd make one myself!
   
                                                                                                 
                             
                               Pina colada cupcake bites w/ cute straws from Shop Sweet Lulu

This tiny version of a tiki bar was SO simple to make.  If anyone's interested I may do a tutorial in the warmer future. {It's a chilly 66 degrees & overcast today, so I'm not feeling the tiki!}
The adorable bunting sign is hung with pink sorbet twine from The Twinery.



{NO pigs were harmed in the making of this pig roast!!} : )


Yes, I really love chocolate, and brownies are about as chocolate as you can get, but how do they tie into the luau theme you ask???  Squint your eyes & pretend I hadn't forgotten the little fondant flames that would turn them into volcanoes...Please!?!!

 I was so excited when I found TIKI ice cube trays at my local dollar store.  
I colored some fondant & pressed it into the trays, then with a lollipop stick, some marshmallows {my favorite!}, and melted white chocolate as the,"glue"...voila'~ Totem Tikis!!

I borrowed the idea for this beachy cookie display from the creative girls over at Sweet Craft Cakes.
The sand is graham crackers pulverized in a food processor.



...What the kiddos were drinking.


When Reagan realized there was nothing standing between her & the fluffy pile of icing in front of her, she dove in head first.  The little princess looked more like a little snapping turtle! 
 It was precious!!!

Smash cake before the attack~

The ruffly birthday cake~


                                                              Surf's up little dudes!


How to make these killer works of art {cough-cough}
  I drew a  surf board shape on a piece of craft paper {I've been known to ride a wave or 2 back in the day so I did it from memory}, cut it & traced it onto a styrofoam block, then with a steak knife I cut away until I had the shape I wanted.  A little craft paint & we're ready for the waves!

Reagan's beautiful momma, Kristen and her big brothers, Jackson & Tyler XO

Double adorable...


...and that's me & my Pandy! {sorry Amanda!}

What a fitting favor~ "HULA" hoops {heehee!!!}


~Love for the Birthday girl~

Happy 1st Birthday little hula princess XO

Mahalo to these wonderful vendors~

Welcome Sign, Bunting banners and Thank You Tags~ Sweet Craft Cakes
Water Bottle Labels~ bottle your brand
Party Styling, Desserts & Cakes~ Frog Prince {me!!} 

 




.

3 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! You out did yourself with all that detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me with your creations. You are amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and fun!! :)

    BTW, thanks for the sweet words on DID!!
    Would LOVE to work with you sometime! :)

    XOXO
    Bird

    ReplyDelete