Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sex and the City Cake~

I've been biting my tongue for the last 2 weeks trying not to blab about this cake & how cool it was going to be! I didn't want to ruin the surprise for the bride to be by revealing even the smallest, adorable detail...but the shower is in progress as I type this and it's time to show off!!!!!


My favorite part??  Duh~ the shoes!!  Lol!

The cake was for a Sex and the City themed bridal shower & I loved everything about it.  I hope I'm not coming off as conceited because that's not it.....  Being self taught, I usually hold my breath and pray every time I attempt something new.  I usually stop breathing for hours at a time!!  Then once everything is made & the cake is assembled I'm usually standing there like,"I can't believe I just made that!!!!!"  : )


Everything you see on this cake is edible except for the little white ribbon & the tiny martini glass (although the "cosmo" in it is poured sugar~ edible!)

I ordered the sugar diamonds that I used for the engagement ring & broaches online & the rest is made of fondant.  I hope you love it as much as I do!!! 


Best of luck to you Kelli and Adam! xo

4 comments:

  1. breath-taking cake! Nope, you are not showing off, it's only right to feel proud of yourself for such a cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you are truly talented! Such a wonderful eye for detail...and such creative hands to pull it all off. You have every right to be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, thanks SO much guys!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy COW!!!! That is insane. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete