Thursday, February 18, 2016

Philly Home Show (Cookie Workshop)


This past weekend, I had the pleasure of teaching a Make & Take Workshop at the Philly Home Show.  My class was on Saturday, the day before Valentine's Day, so we decorated cookies for our Valentines <3

That's me!!
This is actually the very first photo I'm posting since I came down with Bells Palsy (8 months ago)!! I'm not quite totally healed yet, but who cares, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take at least one gratuitous photo in front of the Home Show sign. 
(I was working really hard to get my smile right for this!)  ;))

Sure the class was supposed to be maxed at 15 people, but I planned ahead (knowing how much we all love cookies) and we squeezed in a few extra people.

We made flower bouquets and cookie chalkboards (my fave!)
These small flower punches from Wilton were the perfect size for making the flower bouquets. Just press them into fondant, then attach them to the cookie-easy peasy...We had people of all ages making the prettiest cookies, with no previous training and less than an hour to learn!! 

After the cookies were decorated nice and pretty, we packaged them in clear boxes, tied with red twine, ready to give as gifts...


And speaking of gifts... R&M International (my favorite cookie cutter company) gave each guest a set of cookie cutters, so they can create these beauties again at home!!  Thanks, R&M!!

Thank you, Denise from The Painted Home, for the invite to teach this workshop. Also thanks to my bestest friend, Linda Griffin for taking theses awesome photos. And to my awesome assistants, Kati and Julia. xo

What a fun day with a great group of people!! 






I received items from Wilton, and R&M International.  The review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed above. I was provided the samples free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.




No comments:

Post a Comment