Saturday, April 20, 2013

Angry Birds Cake {Icing Smiles}


Let me show you what I did a couple of weeks ago...

First, rewind to last year when I signed up to be an Sugar Angel for a wonderful nonprofit, Icing Smiles. Icing Smiles provides custom, celebration cakes and other treats to families impacted by the critical illness of a child.  I love what I do because of the joy receiving something custom-designed brings my clients.  I saw this as my opportunity to pay it forward while bringing happiness to a child who probably doesn't see too many happy days...  

I was SO excited when I finally got my "call to duty"... I was told about a boy in my community named Austin who loved Angry Birds so I went to work on his dream cake...

 
 I was excited when I found out that Austin would be coming with his mom to pick up the cake.  I was even happier when I saw this little angel's reaction to his cake~ priceless!!!
 
 
Austin has impeccable manners for a 6 year old and is very well spoken.  His mom informed me that it's because he's spent most of his life around adults only, because of his illness.  He shook my hand and formally introduced himself when he came in... and when leaving, he kissed my cheek and said, "I love you!" {melted my heart!!!} 
My 10 minutes with Austin was humbling and signing up with Icing Smiles was one of the best and most rewarding decisions I've ever made!!!
 
Me & my new buddy
 
 
There are chapters of Icing Smiles all over the country, why not sign up to give a deserving child the Birthday cake of their dreams...
 
 
xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment