Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Cookies~



13 more days 'til Halloween...CREEPY!!!
Do you throw an annual Halloween party?  I do but not to celebrate Halloween.  My youngest happens to have been born on October 31st.  She's turning 10 this year and still loves spooking up her birthday party with skeletons, pumpkins and ghosts...I LOVE it!!!

Here are some spooky and not so spooky cookies I made that might inspire your inner baker spirit to pay a visit!

These are Voodoo Doll cookies I made for my sweet, talented friend Dorangela from Two Prince Bakery Theater.  She used them in a party she shot for Bird's Magazine.  It was an adult Halloween bash with too many cool details to list.  You can go see it on her blog, HERE!
I made the smaller cookies with little holes in their hearts and Dorangela laid them on top of a glass with a straw coming through the hole~ clever or what!?!

 
These Day of the Dead cookies were for her party too.  They were easy to make.  I just drew patterns on fondant with food color markers.  You can find them at almost any craft store that has cake decorating supplies.
 
These owl and broom stick cookies were made for a Harry Potter Party.  I used a guitar shaped cookie cutter to make the broom stick cookies.
 
 
Last but not least, these pumpkin cookies were made for a bake sale to raise funds for the Go Bo Foundation.  This small-town bake sale raised over $6000!!! YAY!!!
 
 
 
I'll leave you with a quote from 13 year old Bo Johnson, who sadly passed away the week before his bake sale~
 
"Love each other, help each other, have your neighbor's back. If you see someone in need- even a stranger- reach out and help. This world can be a better place if we care and help each other."
 
                            {amen to that!! xo}

No comments:

Post a Comment