Saturday, December 17, 2011

Season's Greetings~

I saw a few snowflakes fall outside this morning, possibly my inspiration for this first cake.... Let's title it, "Old Man Winter"??!  : )
 It is iced in butter cream and all of the details are made of fondant.  The blue jay birds are painted on white fondant.


Now let's think spring~ This fun birthday cake is  for a little cutie turning one, her mother wanted butterflies on the cake.  When I couldn't find a butterfly cutter I liked, I decided to make them freehand.  I drew a butterfly shape on cardboard and cut it out with a sharp blade.  I layed the cardboard cut out on purple fondant (rolled out to about 1/16th of an inch thickness).  While holding it firmly in place, I cut out the butterfly shapes.  Then I drew patterns onto the wings with a black food writer.

xo Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment