Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Holidays 2011~

My first batch of Christmas cookies~ WooHoo!!!  I bought the cutters for these cookies at Marshalls Home Goods MONTHS ago and every once in a while would take them out and stare at them...anticipating...drooling...dreaming of the day I could make my perfect Christmas cookies!!!  And here they are...

     If you haven't noticed, I have a slight obsession with bunting.

   I'm friendly despite my very cranky appearance {The Nutcracker, not me!}

I need to mention that I usually decorate my cookies with rolled fondant and these are decorated with royal icing. The sketches I drew up were screaming for detail work that I'm not so sure I could have achieved if I had used my old stand by.  Well, I'm sure it took me WAY longer than it should have but I'm happy with the results!
      "Why thank you, Baker Mouse I'd LOVE a cinnamon bun!!"





Thanks for visiting... next time you bring the cocoa and I'll bring the cookies!!! xo




2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I just discovered you from Dreamers into Doers. I can't say I've ever been moved by a cookie or a cake, but I was actually moved by yours. You have an amazing gift. The incredible attention to detail shows that you ache over every inch of each goodie. My mother makes the most amazingly detailed cookie I had ever seen until now. Shh! Don't tell her! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love these cookies, they are so special, I'm glad you altered to royal icing, though time consuming you made them into cookie art!

    ReplyDelete