Thursday, March 24, 2011

Olivia the Pig~ {with some randomness thrown in}

I haven't been posting much lately, but not for a lack of things to share. 
There are a couple of things not quite ready to be revealed & some pics. I just haven't gotten around to posting yet. 
I've actually been pretty busy planning, mixing, baking, making icing, rolling fondant, delivering, shipping, planning again... (sound familiar to anyone out there?)  My work is a true labor of love & I consider myself very blessed to be able to do something on a daily basis that I'm so passionate about!
With that said...

Ya know, as much as I LOVE decorating & the whole creative process involved, I could do without a couple of things:

*Mixing  ~ SO time consuming!  First there's the cake batter & if it's a large or tiered cake(which it undoubtedly, usually is) there are several intervals of measuring, sifting, adding wet-dry-wet-dry.  Washing the mixing bowl & starting again!  Then once the cakes are FINALLY in the oven it's time to mix the icing,  wash out said mixing bowl & mix MORE icing & sometimes wash it out & mix yet more icing!

*Clean up~ I don't mention my husband, Matt enough(or at all, really) on this thing.  The man is my savior & I'm sure all of you ladies out there can identify with this even if you don't bake...  Cleaning the kitchen is NOT fun when you're busy {is it ever}?  A little help can be the difference between your sanity &.. well, lets just say... the occasional hissy fit!?!
My husband is SO sweet{or maybe just really smart,Lol!}that when he gets home from a long day of work & finds me in my{usually devastated}kitchen, he doesn't run & hide...he starts cleaning up after me!!!  It's true!  Thanks Matt!!! XO

OKAY~ So now you all probably think I'm messy & spoiled... well, I'm  not messy!  : )

Now I'm ready to show you these cute cookies & fondant topper I made for an Olivia the Pig Party~
 I'm also VERY excited to tell you that this photo is featured today over at Children's Party Network~ See for yourself~   http://www.childrenspartynetwork.com/photo/photo/listFeatured

Thanks for stopping by, I'm off to make a mess!  : )

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just received these great photos from Little Miss Madison's mom.  How cute are the feather accents on this invitation!!  Love it & what a CUTIE!!
Make a wish...
 I have to find out where these #2 lollipops came from.  What a great detail!!
  Ooh lala!!  More fantastic feathers!!  What about that sweet, red, stripedy {yes, I made that word up} back drop!!

Rule #100. Red is the very best color for absolutely, positively everything.
"Olivia the Pig"
                                                  
I found this very adorable Olivia the pig stationary & you can download it & print it out for FREE ~YAY!!
http://www.oliviathepiglet.com/_pdfs/_stationary/paper_1.pdf

3 comments:

  1. Just Perfect! You've got quite an eye, LOTS of patissierie patiience & TONS of talent!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt is such an Amazing guy, I am so glad to see that you finally acknowledged him on your blog!! :o) And, of course your cookies are absolutely gorgeous...as always!!!

    ReplyDelete